[LAA] Aqualung 1.0-rc1 released today

Tom Szilagyi tomszilagyi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:39:51 UTC 2014

Aqualung is an advanced music player for GNU/Linux (also running on other
UNIX-alikes). It plays audio CDs, internet radio streams and podcasts as
well as regular soundfiles in just about any audio format and has the
feature of inserting absolutely no gaps between adjacent tracks.

Aqualung R-1300 has been released today as 1.0-rc1, as the first milestone
in an anticipated (short) series of release candidates leading to the final
1.0 release of Aqualung. With this release, we celebrate 10 years of
Aqualung!

This release contains changes from the last 2 years and 4 months -- and, as
you may imagine, has been long long overdue. It would not have been
possible to make it to this point without the work of core devs Jamie
Heilman, Jeremy Evans and Peter Szilagyi, as well as numerous contributors
who sent us patches, bugreports, translations and encouragement. I would
like to take this opportunity to thank all of you.

A condensed selection of changes that went into this release is available
in the ChangeLog, directly accessible at:
http://aqualung.factorial.hu/ChangeLog

The release tarball is available from SourceForge mirrors:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aqualung/files/aqualung/1.0-rc1/

For further info please visit the Aqualung homepage:
http://aqualung.factorial.hu

Enjoy,
Tom