[LAA] [ANN] Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard (VMPK) 0.6.0 has been released
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:52:58 UTC 2014
Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard is a MIDI events generator and receiver. It
doesn't produce any sound by itself, but can be used to drive a MIDI
synthesizer (either hardware or software, internal or external). You can use
the computer's keyboard to play MIDI notes, and also the mouse. You can use
the Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard to display the played MIDI notes from
another instrument or MIDI file player.
Changes for v0.6.0:
* Qt5 migration completed. XCB replacing Xlib on Linux/Unix
* RtMIDI replaced by Drumstick-RT with pluggable backends: ALSA Seq, OSS,
Windows, Mac OSX, Network and FluidSynth.
* Ticket #39: keyboard can start on any note
* Allow to configure any number of keys, instead of full octaves
* New translations: Serbian and Galician
Requirements for all platforms: CMake 2.8/3.0 and Qt 5.1 or later.
Please use the mailing list <vmpk-devel at lists.sourceforge.net> for questions
and comments. Thanks.
Copyright (C) 2008-2014, Pedro López-Cabanillas and others
License: GPL v3
More information about the Linux-audio-announce