[LAA] Qtractor 0.6.7 - The Lepton Acid beta release!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu May 28 15:22:15 UTC 2015
Qtractor 0.6.7 (lepton acid beta) is out!
* MIDI instrument rendering on audio export (NEW)
* MIDI clip editor view/event criteria persistence (NEW)
* MIDI clip editor resilience on record/overdub (FIX)
* Generic plugin form position persistence (NEW)
* JACK Transport/Timebase master option (NEW)
and yet more tiny lurking critters swatted ;)
Well, the major highlight to this release is in fact this brand new and
way long overdue feature, seamlessly integrated to the faithful and
regular audio track export function: MIDI track instrument plug-in
rendering and mix-down (aka. freeze) is now real, as long their audio
output goes onto selected buses, aka. stems, mix-groups, whatever a
mix/mastering head would name it! nb. on the (very esquisite) Qtractor
arch-model parlance, those are just called "audio output buses" and that
ain't gonna change, any time soon, so stop it! A word of caution must be
told by now: dedicated (JACK) audio output ports are off-the-grid, so
Maybe this silently makes a notch towards the DAW epitome, though
Qtractor still claims to be just a plain and honest sequencer--with yet
another DAW-like feature addition--the same as it ever was.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux, where the
Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to
evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI,
specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL ) version 2 or later.
- MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) position, size, and view/event type
criteria are now persistent, across session and user preferences
- Generic plugin form widget position is now also preserved across
open/save session cycles.
- MIDI clip editor resilience is about to get an improvement, fe. it
doesn't close on stopping record/overdub anymore.
- Introducing (JACK) Timebase master setting as an option to Transport
mode (cf. View/Options.../General/Transport/Timebase).
- LV2 plug-in MIDI/Event support now slanted for deprecation.
- Spanish (es) translation added, by avid Reyes Pucheta.
- It's live: audio track export (cf. Track/Export Tracks/Audio...) has
been deeply refactored to finally include MIDI track/instrument plugins
rendering (aka. freeze) on selected audio output buses on mix-down.
- MIDI file player now does (N)RPN 14-bit controller events.
- Track properties dialog output bus switch fix/optimization; also fixed
multiple DSSI instance reference count on close.
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- German (de) translation update (by Guido Scholz, thanks).
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 GPL - GNU General Public License
Enjoy && keep the fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce