[LAA] Praxis LIVE v2.2.0
Neil C Smith
neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:40:16 UTC 2015
Praxis LIVE v2.2.0 is now available for download from www.praxislive.org
This is the first release to upgrade the OpenGL renderer to Processing
v3. Feedback on whether this is working well would be appreciated.
Full change log -
* OpenGL video pipeline updated to Processing v3.0.1 / JOGL v2.3.2.
While providing major performance and stability improvements, this is
a major change and there is the possibility for some regressions.
Please update carefully and report any issues.
* Optional support for GStreamer 1.x. This can be set under Tools /
Options / Video / GStreamer (requires restart). Unlike GStreamer 0.10
support, this requires a system installed version of the GStreamer
library on all platforms. Windows and OSX users who want to experiment
with this feature can download GStreamer from
* New core:tracker component, and simple table-based tracker editor
(use popup menu and Edit patterns to access). More advanced editing
features to follow.
* New routing components - core:routing:every for allowing through
every n-th message, and core:routing:order to prioritise dispatching
* New audio:clock component for more stable timing in BPM (quantized
to internal processing buffer size).
* Internal (and outdated) help removed and replaced with link through
to online manual at http://praxis-live.readthedocs.org
* TinkerForge bindings updated to v2.1.5.
* Added ready and error ports to video:capture and video:player. Can
be connected to play or pause to auto-start playback when new file or
* Many minor bug fixes (see commit log).
Downloads - http://www.praxislive.org
Source code - https://github.com/praxis-live
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser
Praxis LIVE - hybrid visual IDE for creative coding - www.praxislive.org
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
More information about the Linux-audio-announce