[LAA] Yoshimi 1.4.1 - Lyrebird.

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Sep 4 23:29:39 UTC 2016

Maybe not be the prettiest, but this bird sure knows how to create great sounds!

First of all, we have a new quick guide that's in Yoshimi's 'doc' directory.
It's just something to help new users get started.

We've always logged warnings if it wasn't possible to run either audio or MIDI,
but now we also give a GUI alert.

From this version onward it is possible to autoload a default state on startup,
so you have Yoshimi already configured exactly as you like, with patches loaded
and part destinations set etc.

To make it easier to position program change CCs in a MIDI file, there is a new
option to report the time these take to load.

Vector control settings are now stored in patch set and state files.

We implemented a simpler way to perform channel switching so the 'current' MIDI
instrument can seem to be changed instantly, but retaining the note tails of
the previous one.

All the usual background improvements.

When installed, full details are in either:
    /usr/local/share/doc/yoshimi/Yoshimi_1.4.1-features.txt
Or:
    /usr/local/share/doc/yoshimi/Yoshimi_1.4.1-features.txt

To build yoshimi fetch the tarball from either:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or:
    https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi

Our user list archive is at: