[LAA] Rivendell v2.18.0

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Dec 21 12:54:23 UTC 2017

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the availability of Rivendell v2.18.0.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License.

From the NEWS file:
Changes:
   Documentation Overhaul. The Rivendell Operations Guide has been
   expanded and incorporated as part of the base Rivendell source
   in 'docs/opsguide'. Most of text notes previously located in 'docs/'
   added as appendices. Remaining unconverted text notes can now be found
   in 'docs/misc/'.

   Group Cut Expiration Policy. Added the ability to set a default
   End Date/Time for new cuts on a per-group basis. See the
   'Set End Date/Time' control in RDAdmin->ManageGroups.

   Host Short Name. Added a 'Short Name' parameter to Host profiles.

   Macro Carts. It is now possible to use filepath wildcards in macro carts.

   New Host Wildcards. Added the following new host wildcards:
      %r - Rivendell Host Name
      %R - Host Short Name

   Provisioning Support. Added the following directives to the [Provisioning]
   section of rd.conf(5) to facilitate automatic provisioning of hosts:
        NewHostShortNameRegex=<regex>
        NewHostShortNameGroup=<num>
        NewServiceNameRegex=<regex>
        NewServiceNameGroup=<num>

   MySQL Configuration. Added the following parameters to the [mySQL]
   section of rd.conf(5) to force use of a specified engine type, charset
   and collation:
        Engine=<engine-type>    [DEFAULT: MyISAM]
        Charset=<charset>       [DEFAULT: latin1]
        Collation=<collation>   [DEFAULT: latin1_swedish_ci]

   Dropbox Enhancements. Added the ability to specify creation of default
   Segue Markers when processing files via dropbox. See
   RDAdmin->ManageHosts->Dropbox.

   RDImport/DropBox Enhancements. Added the ability to specify start
   and end datetimes via metadata pattern.

   RDCatch Event Filtering. Added the ability to filter by event type in
   RDCatch.

   Log Searching. A search filter (similar to that employed for seaching
   for carts) has been added to the List Logs dialogs.

   Service Filtering in RDLogEdit. Added the ability to limit the visible
   set of logs in RDLogEdit by user. Configured in RDAdmin->ManageUsers.

   Log Purge/Deletion Changes. Logs created manually (in rdlogedit(1) or
   rdairplay(1)) are now assigned a default purge/deletion date in accordance
   with the setting in RDAdmin->ManageServices.

   Log Importation Changes. Changed music and traffic importation so that
   parent link events are still visible in linked logs.

   Web API Changes. Added 'FILTER' and 'RECENT' call parameters to the
   'ListLogs' Web API call. See the API documentation in
   'docs/apis/web_api.pdf' for details.

   Various other bug fixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 272, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

http://www.rivendellaudio.org <http://www.rivendellaudio.org/>

Cheers!

| When the weight of the paperwork equals the weight of the plane, the |
| plane will fly.                                                      |
|                                           -- Donald Douglas          |