[LAA] Rivendell v2.16.0

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Jun 2 12:47:54 UTC 2017

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the availability of Rivendell v2.16.0.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License.

From the NEWS file:
*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   Audio Store Hashing. Rivendell now automatically generates a SHA1 hash
   for each file in the audio store and records this value in the database,
   thus permitting automated recovery of audio in the event of loss or damage
   to the audio store's filesystem directory. See the --relink-audio option
   in the rddbcheck(8) man page for details.

   Kernel GPIO. Added switcher support for Kernel GPIO devices, such as
   the GPIO interface on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3.

   Modbus TCP. Added switcher support for Modbus TCP devices.

   RDConvert. Added an rdconvert(1) utility,

   User Authentication. It is now possible to delegate authentication of
   Rivendell users by means of a PAM module, thus permitting 'single sign-on'
   integration with systems such as ActiveDirectory and FreeIPA.

   Web API. Added various methods to the Rivendell Web API to permit
   integration with external audio and log editors.

   Various other bug fixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 263, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.

*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

http://www.rivendellaudio.org <http://www.rivendellaudio.org/>

Cheers!

|  I look at it this way:  if the station doesn't receive at least one |
|  bomb threat a week, it means that we're not reaching our audience.  |
|                                             -- Keith Leach           |