[LAA] "Sonoj", a community organized event about Open Source Music Production struggles to get funded. Please help

Nils, Sonoj Convention info at sonoj.org
Sat Oct 14 11:38:30 UTC 2017

(Disclaimer: I am an organizer of this event)

In less than a month the "Sonoj Convention" shall happen.
[quote]Admission is free. You will be able to enjoy demonstrations,
talks and workshops about music production through open source software.
Hands-on tutorials and workflow presentations can be expected.
Everything will be recorded and released as online videos afterwards.
[/quote]

Please consider helping us by donating and spreading the word. You will
get some appreciation through the "Reward" system on the website.

For that we are asking for some modest donations here:
https://www.startnext.com/en/sonoj

Currently it looks like that this will not succeed, as you can see from
the link above. This is the usual "all or nothing" platform that only
gives you money if the goal is reached, otherwise donors get their money
back.

However, despite submitting the event announcements and several updates
to nearly one hundred on-topic websites, magazines (including posting it
ourselves on KVR, Reddit etc.) and blogs there is nearly zero response.
That excludes the Linux Audio Scene itself, which was very supportive to
this day (at least the news, not the donations).

I was hoping that Sonoj could be an event that brings in people from the
"outside", that are not already well connected with Linux Audio. It
seems I was wrong.

So here I am in one of the last places I wanted to ask for donations,
because this is the crowd that usually already gives a lot, be it their
own time, development of software or actual donations to well deserving
projects.

Please consider helping us by donating and spreading the word. You will
get some appreciation through the "Reward" system on the website.
https://www.startnext.com/en/sonoj

Yours
Nils, for the Sonoj Convention
https://www.sonoj.org