[LAA] Qtractor 0.9.3 - The End of Autumn'18 Release
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Dec 7 16:38:20 CET 2018
Qtractor 0.9.3 (end-of-autumn'18 beta) is out!
All the changes that were simply 'decrastinated' for this season are as
- Auto-backward now skips the end-of-session location.
- Audio clip time-stretching and pitch-shifting limits are now 10-fold
in either direction.
- Custom color (palette) theme editor introduced; color (palette) theme
changes are now effective immediately, except on default.
- Old deprecated Qt4 build support is no more.
- Recover audio and MIDI dedicated port connections when changing any of
the Metronome, Player and/or Control option settings.
- Fix MIDI track (and bus) bank/program reset to none.
- Anti-glitch micro-fade-in is disabled on audio clips with zero offset.
- Audio and MIDI file players also stopped on Transport / Panic command.
- LV2 plug-in UI GTK2 and X11 in Qt5 host native support are now
disabled on default configure.
- Get rid of symlink duplicates on the default plugin search paths.
- According to Debian policy and guidelines, the out-of process plugin
scanner (qtractor_plugin_scan) is now installed to $LIBDIR/qtractor.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  packages:
Wiki (help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
Enjoy && Keep thefun.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce