[LAA] Linux SonivoxEAS v1.2.0 released
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sat May 26 17:17:40 CEST 2018
This project is a Linux MIDI Synth library based on the Sonivox EAS
Synthesizer published by Google on the Android Open Source Project. It is a
real time MIDI wave table GM synthesizer and SMF player without needing
external soundfonts, using embedded samples instead. It consumes very
little resources, so it may be indicated in Linux projects for small
The library uses ALSA Sequencer MIDI input and PulseAudio output. Complete
compile-time dependencies are:
* Drumstick, for ALSA MIDI input.
* PulseAudio, for audio output.
To build the source code, you may use qtcreator, qmake or cmake.
The project contains:
* cmdlnsynth: Command line sample program using the synthesizer library
* guisynth: GUI sample program using the synthesizer library
* libsvoxeas: The Linux synthesizer shared library, using ALSA Sequencer
* sonivox: The AOSP source files, with a qmake project file to compile and
test under QtCreator as a static library
There is a new command line option to configure the audio buffer time for
both GUI and text programs, in addition to command line options for the
text program to change the reverb and chorus types and levels. All options
are saved and remembered as defaults the next time the programs are
executed again. A new help text documenting the command line options is
Copyright (C) 2016-2018 Pedro López-Cabanillas.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce