[LAA] Infamous Plugins v0.3.0 The Never had a Summer of '69 Release

Spencer Jackson ssjackson71 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 23:23:31 CEST 2019

Yo:

Keeping up with the cool kids, infamous plugins will be participating in
quarterly releases (or at least I'll be releasing at least one of my
projects each quarter). This is beneficial because it forces me to release
"small" fixes regularly, rather than waiting for the "BIG" release I had in
mind (that's going on nearly 2 years and counting).

So wrapped into this release is lots of touch-ups and small fixes that
mostly affect the host integration to the plugin. More notably the infamous
stuck algorithm received a lot of attention and polished up as much as
possible (probably no noticeable change to anyone though), a new stuck
stacker version was created with no dry signal output so you can have
several in parallel without affecting the gain, and the infamous power-up
no longer has 10 seconds of latency (latency will now equal the power-up
time).

The biggest addition though in this release is (fanfare): the infamous
octolo. It's an octaver and tremolo in one (see what I did there?). It
works as a fairly nice sounding tremolo too but the special sauce is that
it is able to play different sequences of the 3 voices (octave up, octave
down, same octave) for some fun rhythmic effects. Basically I keep trying
to chase low-CPU pitch shifting and this is my latest solution. By using
the tremolo effect for silent jumping, I'm able to play back the sounds at
different speeds to achieve an octave up and octave down effect. At long
tremolo lengths (slow speed) you will notice the timing effects which may
make it a bit unwieldy for certain things. With short lengths it's not a
problem. Overall I'm pleased with the effect and plan to use it in my own
music. I hope you will too.

As always I love when you let me know how you are using these plugins of
infamy. Have fun, make music, be free. Here ya go:

https://github.com/ssj71/infamousPlugins/releases/tag/v0.3.0

Enjoy!
_Spencer