[LAA] Rivendell v3.0.0beta00

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Jan 17 21:41:38 CET 2019

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to
announce the availability of the initial beta release of the next major
version of Rivendell, 3.x. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast
environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License
version 2.

MAJOR CHANGES FROM v2.x
-----------------------
Unicode Support. Unicode/UTF-8 clean, with full support for characters
in both the Basic Multilingual and Supplemental Planes.

Qt Toolkit Upgrade. Built upon Qt4, rather than Qt3.

Scalability Improvements. Engineered to support installations with
hundreds or more active play-out logs.

PAD System Upgrades. PAD (Now & Next) processing done by means of
PyPAD, utilizing user customizable Python 3 scripts. Also fully
Unicode/UTF-8 clean.

Realtime Status Updates. Changes in Rivendell objects (carts, logs,
etc) communicated and displayed instantly on other hosts with no need
for manual refreshing.

And many more...

GETTING AND TRYING THE BETA RELEASE
-----------------------------------
Full source code for the initial beta release is available at:

https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/releases/tag/v3.0.0beta00

Be sure to throughly read and understand the 'INSTALL' and 'UPGRADING'
files in the root of the source tree, as they contain important
information about changes between previous major Rivendell versions and
v3.x.

An upgradable CentOS 7 online installer is also available. This is the
quickest and easiest way actually to try the beta release for yourself.
Instructions can be found at:

http://static.paravelsystems.com/rivendell-install-rd3/rivendell-install-rhel7.html

IF YOU FIND A PROBLEM
---------------------
Problems?! Oh, right. This is a BETA release!

If you run across a problem, please submit a detailed problem report
at:

	https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/issues

Be sure to mention the version of Rivendell [v3.0.0beta00] in your
report.

Bang on it, break it, and above all, have fun! Then, tell us all about
it...

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
| Beta test,v:                                                        |
|  To voluntarily entrust one's data, one's livelihood and one's      |
|  sanity to hardware or software intended to destroy all three. In   |
|  earlier days, virgins were often selected to beta test volcanoes.  |