[LAA] Rivendell v3.0.1

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Jul 16 22:44:42 CEST 2019

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to
announce the availability of the first production release of the next
major version of Rivendell, 3.0.1. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast
environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License
version 2.

>From the 'NEWS' file:

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   Rivendell is now Unicode UTF-8 clean.

   Qt4 is now used throughout Rivendell instead of Qt3.

   A multicast update system has been added that allows Rivendell
   modules to update views syncronously in step with changes made in
   other modules.

   The Rivendell Loadable Modules system for processing PAD data has
   been completely replaced by PyPAD, allowing PAD processing plug-ins
   to be written in the popular Python scripting langauge. Backward
   compatible replacement scripts for many of the RLM plug-ins supplied
   in Rivendell v2.x are included.

   Added a compatibility library to facilitate the use of the Rivendell
   Web API in external applications.

   A system of virtual log machines has been added, allowing play-out
   of up to 23 logs simultaneously.

   Rivendell is now fully systemd compatibile.

   The Windows ports of rdlogedit(1) and rdlogmanager(1) have been
   removed.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 308, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current
   schema version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   Be sure to run 'rddbmgr --modify' (as root) immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.
*** snip snip ***

GETTING AND TRYING THIS RELEASE
--------------------------------
Full source code for this release is available at:

https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/releases/tag/v3.0.1

Be sure to throughly read and understand the 'INSTALL' and 'UPGRADING'
files in the root of the source tree, as they contain important
information about changes between previous major Rivendell versions and
v3.x.

An upgradable CentOS 7 online installer is available. This is the
quickest and easiest way actually to try this release for yourself.
Instructions can be found at:

http://static.paravelsystems.com/rivendell-install-rd3/rivendell-install-rhel7.html

IF YOU FIND A PROBLEM
---------------------
If you run across a problem, please submit a detailed problem report
at:

        https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/issues

Be sure to mention the version of Rivendell [v3.0.1] in your
report.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|   We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.  |
|                                              -- Winston Churchill   |