[LAA] [ANN] Radium 5.9.49
k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 14:36:26 CET 2019
Radium has a vertical music editor and a horizontal sequencer. Radium
is inspired by trackers, but uses more graphics to show musical data.
Radium is also a multitracker and supports MIDI sequencing, hard disk
recording, modulation, automation, and many other things. There are
also users (well, at least one) who use Radium as an advanced MIDI
Radium has features like smooth scrolling, zooming, automation, piano
roll, embedded Pure Data (Pd), and embedded Faust.
* Homepage: http://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium/
* Screenshot of 5.9.49:
* User video demonstrating Radium work flow: https://vimeo.com/321847152
* Demonstration video by Tobias Lutzenkirchen showing some of the
features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwmT0G5EwM (Radium 3.9.1)
*Demonstration video showing developing Faust programs inside Radium:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJm9Lox1WFA (Radium 3.9.4)
* Other videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/KjetilMatheussen/videos
* More screenshots of Radium 5.9:
Sound clip GUI:
Sequencer block browser:
Sequencer sound browser:
Sequencer file browser:
Changes 5.7.8 -> 5.9.49:
* Overall: 1107 changes.  Lots of bug fixes, lots of minor
improvements, and some major improvements.
* GUI: Made the user interface more straight forward, faster to use,
and easier to learn.
* GUI: Popup menus have been cleaned up and also extended with new functions.
* Sequencer: Support granulation of audio files. All parameters can
also be automated.
* Sequencer: Sound file stretch automation.
* Sequencer: Sound file speed automation.
* Sequencer: Markers.
* Sequencer: Tempo and time signatures can be defined in the sequencer
instead of the editor.
* Sequencer: Simpler grid interface.
* Sequencer: Add volume slider and mute button for editor tracks.
* Sequencer: New convenient browsers for dragging editor blocks and
audio files into the sequencer.
* Keyboard: Make the Space/Enter/Return keys behave more like they do
in other DAWs.
* Editor: The sampler instrument has granulation effects.
* Audio: Lots of improvements to modulators, MIDI learn, automation,
and other things.
 Git commits between 5.7.8 and 5.9.49.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce