[LAA] Rivendell v3.0.0rc01

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu May 2 23:02:55 CEST 2019

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to
announce the availability of the second release candidate of the next
major version of Rivendell, 3.x. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast
environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License
version 2.

MAJOR CHANGES FROM v2.x
-----------------------
Unicode Support. Unicode/UTF-8 clean, with full support for characters
in both the Basic Multilingual and Supplemental Planes.

Qt Toolkit Upgrade. Built upon Qt4, rather than Qt3.

Scalability Improvements. Engineered to support installations with
hundreds or more active play-out logs.

PAD System Upgrades. PAD (Now & Next) processing done by means of
PyPAD, utilizing user customizable Python 3 scripts. Also fully
Unicode/UTF-8 clean.

Realtime Status Updates. Changes in Rivendell objects (carts, logs,
etc) communicated and displayed instantly on other hosts with no need
for manual refreshing.

And many more...

GETTING AND TRYING THE RELEASE CANDIDATE
Full source code for this release is available at:

https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/releases/tag/v3.0.0rc01

Be sure to throughly read and understand the 'INSTALL' and 'UPGRADING'
files in the root of the source tree, as they contain important
information about changes between previous major Rivendell versions and
v3.x.

An upgradable CentOS 7 online installer is also available. This is the
quickest and easiest way actually to try this release for yourself.
Instructions can be found at:

http://static.paravelsystems.com/rivendell-install-rd3/rivendell-install-rhel7.html

If you already have an installation running one of the earlier
Rivendell 3 BETA or Release Candidates, you can upgrade it to this
release by doing (as root):

        yum update rivendell

IF YOU FIND A PROBLEM
---------------------
If you run across a problem, please submit a detailed problem report
at:

        https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/issues

Be sure to mention the version of Rivendell [v3.0.0rc01] in your
report.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|    All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every    |
|    organism to live beyond its income.                              |
|                                                  -- Samuel Butler   |
|                                                  "Notebooks"        |