[LAA] Ninjas2 sample slicer plugin released (v.0.2.0)
Rob van den Berg
rghvdberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:12:56 CET 2020
I've updated Ninjas2 audio sample slicer plugin.
Source and binaries (linux/windows/mac) are available at :
readme : https://github.com/rghvdberg/ninjas2/blob/master/README.md
>From the readme:
Easy to use sample slicer, quick slicing of sample and auto-mapping
slices to midi note numbers.
# Intended usage:
Primarily targeted at chopping up loops or short ( ≈ 10 - 20 seconds)
samples. Think drum loops, vocal chops etc. Currently there's no limit
on imported sample length. User can play the slices using midi notes
and change the pitch with midi pitchbend.
Linux, Windows and Mac binaries for several architectures are
available here. There are no installers, just unzip and copy the
plugin to an appropiate location.
# New Features
- redesigned interface
- controls are grouped in Global, Slicing and Slice
- the Slice box shows the currently selected slice number
- click on key to play slice
- red dot on key indicates which slice is currently selected in
the waveform display
- keys that don't have a slice mapped to them are greyed out
# Known Bugs and Limitations
- some host don't work very well with the lv2 version
- zrythm and qtractor had trouble with the lv2 version but worked
fine with the vst
- ardour, carla and muse3 worked well with the lv2
- care should be taken when automating the playmodes and adsr
- the automation is sent to the currently played note (slice),
when multiple slices are played, this leads to "undefinied behaviour"
More information about the Linux-audio-announce