[LAA] GlassPlayer v0.9.0

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Sat Jan 25 00:10:43 CET 2020

On behalf of the Rivendell audio community, I’m pleased to announce the initial beta release of GlassPlayer, a minimalist live audio player. that is available under the GNU Public License v2.

From the README file:
*** snip snip ***
GlassPlayer is a minimalist audio stream player for IceCast and Shoutcast
streaming servers as well as HLS streams. It supports the following audio
output types:

  Advanced Linux Sound Architeture (ALSA)
  File Streaming (FILE)
  JACK Audio Connection Kit (JACK)
  Standard Output (STDOUT)
  Windows Multimedia Extensions (MME)

The base GlassPlayer component utilizes no configuration files or
GUI interface whatsoever; with the 'user interface' consisting entirely of
the command-line invocation.  As such, it is well suited for use cases where
the player is completely driven by an external system or script.

The following audio codecs are supported:

   OggOpus
   OggVorbis
   MPEG-1/2 Layer 2 ('MP2')
   MPEG-1/2 Layer 3 ('MP3')
   MPEG-4 Advanced Audio Coding, High Efficiency Profile ('HE-AAC+')
*** snip snip ***

Further information, including full source code, is available at https://github.com/RadioFreeAsia/GlassPlayer.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |