[LAA] Qtractor 0.9.14 - A Mid-Spring'20 Release
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu May 7 18:43:34 CEST 2020
No matter what others say, you are here and that's awesome! You are also
here kindly reminded to update to the very latest and greatest. There's
no better time for just that than pretty much now!
And now this:
Qtractor 0.9.14 (mid-spring'20) is out!
Notwithstanding some nasty crash-bugs being squashed--hopefully for
good--changes for this mid-season release are as follows:
- Export file type, format and quality are now specific options on the
Track/Export Tracks.../Audio, MIDI dialogs.
- LV2 plug-in UI GTK2 and X11 in Qt5 host native support in addition and
alternative to libsuil.
- Generic plug-in/Properties... dialog now showing each
parameter/property automation status on a /skeuomorphic/ aka./fake/ and
tiny LED ;)
- LV2 Plug-in Patch parameter/properties automation and MIDI Controller
assignment/learn are now a possibility.
- LV2 Atom/Port-event host notification support has been implemented
- Fix clean-up of any recording leftovers.
- JACK Transport latency is now taken into account for recording latency
- Attempt to force correct audio clip offsets due on recording latency
compensation are not quantized to MIDI metronomic time-scale anymore.
- LV2 Plug-in MIDNAM support introduced.
- Use Shift or Ctrl keyboard modifiers with the mouse- wheel to change
any Direct Access plug-in parameters (issue #257).
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
Wiki (help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
Keep the fun && Stay safe!
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce