[LAA] Qtractor 0.9.18 - A Fall'20 Release
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Oct 30 18:00:47 CET 2020
Qtractor 0.9.18 (fall'20) is out!
- When under NSM, all top-level windows, main, mixer and connections,
will always start hidden.
- Plugin editors (GUIs) that are currently open on a track are now
brought up as top-level windows immediately when a track is made current
or highlighted (and Track / Auto Monitor is in effect).
- MIDI clip editor mouse hovering effect extended to whole current note
line on main view (piano-roll eye-candy++); also, the white keys on MIDI
clip editor's virtual piano keyboard, are now fully highlighted.
- Plugin search paths (View > Options... > Plugins > Paths) now lists
all the default and actual existing paths, instead of a blank list.
- Undimmed octave divider lines on the piano-roll.
- Fixed potential crash on changing audio output buses channel count.
- Note names display (inside note rectangles) are now an option on the
MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll; menu View > Note Names).
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
Wiki (outdated; help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
More information about the Linux-audio-announce