[LAA] GSequencer v3.10.6 released - VST3 host support

Joël Krähemann jkraehemann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:17:17 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer version 3.10.6 just released.

http://nongnu.org/gsequencer/

During the development of 3.10.x I have extended the VST3 C API
wrapper library libags-vst.so. But it is not yet completed, only
headers from pluginterfaces and few others are wrapped yet.

We use Steinberg SDK to interface with VST3 plugins.

You can use your native VST3 plugin on linux with gsequencer. The
generated UI of the plugin doesn't support plugin UI yet.

AgsVst3Bridge and AgsLiveVst3Bridge are your machines to make use of
VST3 plugins.

The VST3 host is implemented as ags-fx-vst3 recall. The effect
processor gets information from AgsVst3Manager and AgsVst3Plugin.

So far only MIDI note-on and note-off supported.

VST3 is default off as you build from source. To enable it run:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vst3
make -j8
make install

regards,