[LAA] Drumstick, VMPK and dmidiplayer released
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 20:03:55 CEST 2021
Drumstick is a set of MIDI libraries using C++/Qt5 idioms and style.
Includes a C++ wrapper around the ALSA library sequencer interface: ALSA
sequencer provides software support for MIDI technology on Linux. A
complementary library provides classes for processing SMF (Standard MIDI
files: .MID/.KAR), and Cakewalk (.WRK) file formats. A multiplatform
realtime MIDI I/O library and a GUI Widgets libraries are also provided for
Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX.
Changes in v2.3.0:
* Ticket #31: fallback drivers for Drumstick::RT
* Two new methods in class BackendManager
* MIDIInput* findInput(QString name)
* MIDIOutput* findOutput(QString name)
* They return either the requested backend or another suitable
* New CMake build options: USE_PULSEAUDIO, USE_FLUIDSYNTH, USE_NETWORK, all
enabled by default.
* Fixed incomplete Drumstick::RT ALSA output plugin.
* Drumstick::Widgets. Fixed PianoKeybd touchscreen events: if a pressure
amount is not provided by the device, the default MIDI velocity is used.
Otherwise, the velocity is scaled by the applied pressure.
Compilation minimum requirements for all platforms: CMake 3.14 and Qt 5.7
Copyright (C) 2009-2021, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
License: GPL v3 or later
Project web site
Drumstick Multiplatform MIDI File Player
Drumstick includes several tools as examples, and among them is the
drumstick-guiplayer utility that leverages the Drumstick::ALSA library, so
it is available only for Linux (because the ALSA sequencer is a linux only
technology). Some people have requested a program with the same
functionalities also on Windows and macOS, so here it is. But this project
is much more ...
Some key features:
* MIDI Output to hardware MIDI ports, or any other Drumstick backends, like
* Transpose song tonality between -12 and +12 semitones
* Change MIDI volume level (using MIDI CC7)
* Scale song speed between half and double tempo
* Supports MID/KAR (Standard MIDI Files) and WRK (Cakewalk) file formats
Changes in v1.4.0:
* ticket #1: Playback positioning
* Replaced the progress bar by a slider, so the user can change the
* Added forward/backward actions to advance or go back one bar
* Added a Jump action to move the play position to some arbitrary bar
* ticket #2: Playlist repetition options: Nothing, Last Song, Whole
* ticket #8: (Lyrics text) Copy to clipboard, Save to File, Print
* ticket #9: (after Drumstick ticket #31) Fallback output drivers
* Playlist function shuffle
* Toolbar buttons customizing dialog
* preliminary support for building with Qt6 (experimental)
* Czech translation updated, thanks to Pavel Fric
* C++11 compiler
* Drumstick libraries v2.3
* Uchardet v0.0.7
* CMake 3.14
* Pandoc for optionally building the man page
Copyright (C) 2021 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
License: GPL v3 or later
Changes in v0.8.4
* Experimental support for building with Qt6
* Requires: drumstick-2.3.0
Please use the mailing list <vmpk-devel at lists.sourceforge.net> for
questions and comments. Thanks.
License: GPL v3
More information about the Linux-audio-announce