[LAA] Qtractor 0.9.23 - An Early-Summer'21 Release batch #3
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Jul 10 10:36:22 CEST 2021
Hello again, one third and last time...
But happy to announce yet another point release of, drum roll please...
Qtractor 0.9.23 (early-summer'21) is out!
Changes for this hot season are just but a few, nothing heartbreaking:
- Dropped the 'Activate' option on the plug-in Selection dialog, now
being as always on by default.
- Have some tolerance for JACK buffer-size changes, only prompting to a
complete session reload, if increasing in double the initial period size.
- Introducing plug-in blacklisting, on user discretion (in
View/Options.../Plugins/Blacklist) and on inventory scan (crashed
plug-ins are now automatically blacklisted).
- Added special support for LV2 UI GTK2 plugins based on Gtkmm 2.4
- All builds default to Qt6 (Qt >= 6.1) where available.
- CMake  is now the official build system.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
Wiki (outdated; help wanted, please):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
 CMake, a cross-platform, open-source build system generator
Keep the fun && Stay safe, always!
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce