[LAA] Linux SonivoxEAS v1.4.1 released
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:05:49 CEST 2022
This project is a Linux MIDI Synth library based on the Sonivox EAS
Synthesizer published by Google on the Android Open Source Project. It is a
real time MIDI wave table GM synthesizer and SMF player without needing
external soundfonts, using embedded samples instead. It consumes very
little resources, so it may be indicated in Linux projects for small
The library uses ALSA Sequencer MIDI input and PulseAudio output. Complete
compile-time dependencies are:
* Qt5 / Qt6
* Drumstick 2, for ALSA MIDI input.
* PulseAudio, for audio output.
The project contains:
* cmdlnsynth: Command line sample program using the synthesizer library
* guisynth: GUI sample program using the synthesizer library
* libsvoxeas: The Linux synthesizer shared library, using ALSA Sequencer
* sonivox: The AOSP source files as a git submodule, or an external shared
library dependency: https://github.com/pedrolcl/sonivox
* Some general fixes
- fixed guisynth underlinking.
- fixed program icon in KDE+Wayland.
* Fixed tickets: #3 and #4
- allow to build with Qt6 without mixing Qt5 libs.
- errors initializing ALSA, Pulse and Sonivox emit qFatal.
* Fixed ticket #2
- icon.png file was installed in the wrong place.
- added the original SVG icon, and two other icon sizes.
* Linked to the shared sonivox library instead of the static one
Copyright (C) 2016-2022 Pedro López-Cabanillas.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce