[LAA] A-SID VST3 ported to Linux

Stefano D'Angelo stefano.dangelo at orastron.com
Thu Sep 22 15:20:41 CEST 2022

Hi all,

We just ported our A-SID VST3 plugin to Linux.

A-SID is our personal and romantic way to celebrate the 40th anniversary
of the debut in 1982 of the most successful computer ever, the C64.

It implements a wah effect as a C64 program and a VST3 plugin.

The C64 program uses the SID chip in the original machine. No hardware
modification is required, but you need to build yourself one or two
adapter cables and copy the program to a cassette.

The VST3 version emulates the original analog filter (the MOS 8580
version) and replicates the C64 program.

Both versions are GPLv3 licensed.

More info on the product page: https://www.orastron.com/asid.

Creating this software has been a fascinating journey that absorbed an
immense quantity of energy and time, as we documented on our blog:
https://www.orastron.com/blog/asid-trip-part-1. We would really
appreciate if you could spread the word about A-SID and Orastron with
friends and on social media, forums, etc. Bluntly put, we'd love to make
innovative premium consumer products, but we first need an audience for
that to be economically viable.

Also, if you want to keep up to date, we maintain a low-volume
newsletter you could subscribe to: https://www.orastron.com/#newsletter.

Best regards,

Stefano D'Angelo

Founder and CEO of Orastron - https://www.orastron.com/