[linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Dec 8 17:54:01 UTC 2002

>Well, I think means trouble for mixers, synths with sophisticated
>"master sections" and that kind of stuff. You want to use the same
>controls for busses as for strips?

personally, i think ardour is an excellent proof-by-implementation
that yes, busses are really just a special class of strip, with no
basic difference in the kinds of controls you'd want for each. these
days, an AudioTrack in ardour is derived from the object that defines
a Bus. the only differences are that a Bus takes input from
"anywhere", whereas an AudioTrack takes input from its playlist (via a
DiskStream) and can be rec-enabled. other than, they are basically
identical.

slightly off-topic, but your question leapt out at me.

--p