[linux-audio-dev] Audio s/w ui swallowing

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 14:16:01 UTC 2002

The world and his dog seems to be releasing macos/windows audio s/w that
looks like 19" rack units.

Anyone know enough about X to know if its possible to make X apps open
thier main window inside a standard sized cabinet (ala Reason).

I'm assuming it would be ok to require the app to be a certian size and
have explicit support, but I guess it couldn't put any restrictions on
toolkit.

Other than looking cool, it would actually be a useful way to keep window
clutter down. Not that we have any 19" lookalike apps yet, but I guess we
will do at some point.

- Steve