[linux-audio-dev] The beginnings of an ladcca manual

Nathaniel Virgo nathaniel.virgo at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 10 12:05:01 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 12:27 am, Bob Ham wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I just completed a huge introduction to ladcca.  I hope this will help
> generate some interest. It's part of a very incomplete manual, which
> I've put up on a webpage for the thing at http://pkl.net/~node/ladcca.html
> The introduction is here:
>
> http://pkl.net/~node/software/ladcca-manual-html-one-page/ladcca.html#SEC2
>
> Bob

It's a really, really good idea and I hope it comes into widespread use
eventually.  I just have one comment really:  IMHO this should definitely be
LGPL not GPL.  I don't think there's any reason to exclude non-GPL clients
from linking to the library, and I think that doing so would ultimately have
adverse effects.

LGPL would still protect your code in that any alterations to ladcca itself
would still have to be released under LGPL - it just means that if commercial
companies (or people with inclinations toward non-GPL open source licences)
were ever to start taking an interest in linux audio, their apps would be
able to link to it, and thus interact seamlessly with the pre-existing Free
ones.