[linux-audio-dev] XAP: Multiple Event Ports or not?

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Dec 10 13:13:00 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 07.48, Tim Hockin wrote:
> [All sorts of stuff about get_event_port() and returning a cookie
> ...]
>
> > Is this ok?
>
> I think it sounds good - We'll need a constant so the host can ask
> for the port which is to receive control-agnostic events, like
> VOICE_ON.

Yes. Those are Channel related as well, but are actual events - as
opposed to something you *access* through a few events.

You still need to know more than the port, though, as the plugin may
not have separate event ports for channels. Same thing as with the
controls, that is; just a different call, or an extra argument.