[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and Softsynths

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Dec 11 08:10:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:09:58 +0000, Steve Harris wrote
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:47:50 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > It also means getting midi signal routing working, as currently ssm has no
> > polyphonic means of note signalling, but it's fairly trivial. The only thing
> > is that it will break the everything plugs into anything rule :(
>
> It shouldn't have to. There are plenty of polyphonic modular
> implementations that still just have audio and control data.

I'd like to avoid having a global polyphony for ssm really. It's a bit more
flexible if you can set different levels of polyphony for different
subpatches, and more cpu friendly too.

If anyone is interested BTW, there is a new version of ssm availible at
sourceforge at the moment, which along with a lot of other new stuff, has a
LADSPA GUI generator (thanks to Mike Rawes):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spiralmodular

dave