[linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler vs Halion PR war

Nelson Posse Lago lago at that.com.br
Thu Dec 12 14:12:01 UTC 2002

Replying to myself...

On Thu, Dec 12 2002 at 03:27:17pm -0200, Nelson Posse Lago wrote:

> How about a (possibly diskless) computer-based sampler that takes it
> samples from a network server?

Another idea: we don't prefetch, we just load everything into RAM up to a
maximum value (32Mb? Configurable?). If the memory is exausted, we "swap
out" the "tails" of each sample to a temporary file. When the sample is
requested, we swap it in, but we (hopefully) didn't swap out the start of
the note.

Again, do you think the patent would cover this?

See ya,
Nelson