[linux-audio-dev] Temporary XAP website

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Thu Dec 12 15:04:00 UTC 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 15.36, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:17:05PM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> > One thing I *will* fix, though, is the shape of the P. There's
> > something wrong with it. But no problem - bezier curves rule! :-)
>
> I think Antti is right, the P is too elongated.

Yes - that, and/or it's the wrong shape.

> I'd be tempted to loose the words "audio plugins", doesn't really
> look right, and probably doesn't belong on the general logo.

Agreed. I don't like it much either, and it doesn't explain the whole
acronym, unless you already know about the recursive variant.

> > (And of course, I'll make huge highres versions and icons and
> > stuff as well, when we have the final design down. :-)
>
> And vector (EPS/SVG) ofcourse.

Well, the problem is that I'm working in GIMP, which doesn't seem to
feel like exporting bezier curves... Am I missing something, or do I
need to hack something? (I'd *really* like to work some on that tool,
if I had the time. It's extremely powerful as it is, but I think it
has some flaws and missing features.)

OTOH, it should be easy enough to "vectorize" a highres image...