[linux-audio-dev] XAP and these <MEEP> timestamps...

Sami P Perttu perttu at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Dec 13 05:17:01 UTC 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Tim Hockin wrote:

> * A tempo delay that starts a delayed sound just before the host loops the
> play back in (musical) time does not really want to know about absolute
> musical time, but DIFFERENCES in musical time.  More precisely, it wants to
> be aware of the passing of ticks (where the duration of a tick is defined by
> the host).

It is tempting but I object to having high-level concepts such as musical
time in XAP. It should be the host's responsibility to set and update the
proper delay time for a tempo delay effect. We need another, completely
different plugin system for sequencing and composition.

--
Sami Perttu                       "Flower chase the sunshine"
Sami.Perttu at hiit.fi               http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/perttu