[linux-audio-dev] Blockless processing

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Fri Dec 13 05:33:01 UTC 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 03.21, Tim Goetze wrote:
[...]
> >I went as far as defining a biquad filter in the graph format
> >(http://plugin.org.uk/blockless/blockless/modules/biquad.g), but
> > it dosen't quite work because the execution order is more or less
> > random.
>
> definitely sounds broken, yes. that garbled execution order
> should be fixed.

Sort by dependencies... But is there any obvious way of dealing with
feedback loops, or do you explicitly have to specify where you want
the delay? Maybe there should just be a way of hinting delay
sensitive connections for when you actually have problems?

[...]
> i think the biquad is so common it's ok to have a .c fragment
> for the operator instead of coding it in your .g language. a
> generic iir generator? you can do it with some more .pl i guess.

Makes sense - but I think it would be nice to be able to deal with
these kind of problems when you need to, so you can do filter
prototyping and stuff without going back to C. Prototype first, then
maybe hack an optimized .c fragment.