[linux-audio-dev] Temporary XAP website

Antti Boman antti.boman at mindcom.fi
Fri Dec 13 08:53:09 UTC 2002

David Olofson wrote:
> On Thursday 12 December 2002 14.45, Antti Boman wrote:
>>Whatever. This shouldn't be the forum for me blabbing about
>>graphics :)
>
> *hehe* Well, I started it - and anyway, "marketting" of our to-be
> standard instrument plugin API is of common intrerest to most of us,
> isn't it?

Definitely, and as much as I would like to see people concentrate on
coding, it's great to see the marketing side develop alongside.

>>Looks good, and can be made very good. Another thing I'd consider
>>testing is making the loop in P a little more narrow. There's lots
>>of space inside, whereas other stuff in the logo is very dense.
>
> Yes, I've considered that too. It's easy enough to just drag the
> control points around, so it's just a matter of seeing what should be
> done. It's not a matter of dimensions, but rather *percepted*
> dimensions of things.

Yes, I know. The thing that strikes the viewer first is how the entirety
looks out. After that people tend to start perceiving the small clicks
in the picture.

>>-Antti "No, I'm not a graphics designer" Boman
>
> Well, the way I like to think about most things is that if you can
> tell good from bad, there's hope! The rest is just about motivation
> and training. :-)

Amen :)

-a