[linux-audio-dev] Re: Synth APIs, pitch control

Sami P Perttu perttu at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Dec 13 09:57:01 UTC 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, David Olofson wrote:

> Well, who's stopping you from proposing a Sequencer DataBase API, or
> whatever is needed for this? We real time guys will need that as
> well, for sequencing and editing, so it's not like we don't care
> about it; we're just trying to solve *our* most important problems
> first.

It's no use trying yet, I wouldn't know where to begin. I have to write a
sequencer first to understand these things. At least I'm too far gone to
stop now - I've already spent a year writing GluttonAudio :). But I'm
going to shut up about GA now, too much talk and no source code.

Re: pull model, an alternative to supporting pull in XAP is to just say
that such plugins should act as hosts.

--
Sami Perttu                       "Flower chase the sunshine"
Sami.Perttu at hiit.fi               http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/perttu