[linux-audio-dev] Blockless processing

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Fri Dec 13 10:36:01 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>> it's a nice little hack. the .g files don't look that messy
>> to me, whatever hacks may be hiding in your .pl -- which is
>> always a mess to my eyes.
>
>Yep, perl is horrible. Unfortunatly I've not learned python and ecmascript

.py is really darn easy to learn and has the benefit of being
readable the day after. :)

>If I was going to do it for real I would reimplement it in C + lex & yacc.

yep, probably the best thing to do.

>The .g files are just the simplest thing to transform into C, so they
>have some odd syntax.

they're fairly easy to read though.

>Yeah, absolutly, its just the most complex basic that came to mind, I
>wanted to check if it could handle loads of modules far down the graph and
>still produce a decent binary.

hard to concede the proof is complete with the garbled
biquad. :)

>You can define subgraphs, but not in the same file. It wouldn't be too
>hard, but what it would really need is a graphical editor.

sure, a gui will be really helpful for complex modules.
nonetheless, i think the net description should come in a
text-only format.

tim