[linux-audio-dev] Blockless processing

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 12:42:01 UTC 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:28:11 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> .py is really darn easy to learn and has the benefit of being
> readable the day after. :)

Yeah... one day.

> >Yeah, absolutly, its just the most complex basic that came to mind, I
> >wanted to check if it could handle loads of modules far down the graph and
> >still produce a decent binary.
>
> hard to concede the proof is complete with the garbled
> biquad. :)

Well, all the right operations happen, jsut not in the right order. I
know how to fix it, so thats nearly as good as actually fixing it ;)

> >You can define subgraphs, but not in the same file. It wouldn't be too
> >hard, but what it would really need is a graphical editor.
>
> sure, a gui will be really helpful for complex modules.
> nonetheless, i think the net description should come in a
> text-only format.

Sure, the .g files should be human readable and editable. It wouldn't be
proper UNIX software otherwise.

Damn... dont encourage me. I'm gonna end up implemnting this thing for real
if I'm not careful and I allready have a dozen other things that are more
important.

- Steve