[linux-audio-dev] AudioUnits SDK?

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Sat Dec 14 22:10:01 UTC 2002

David Olofson wrote:

>On Sunday 15 December 2002 03.44, Tim Hockin wrote:
>
>>>Aaargh! Can't seem to find anything more interesting than a PDF
>>>with a very basic overview... Is there a freely available SDK
>>>anywhere?
>>>
>>>Would just like to say that I find some parts of that PDF a bit
>>>scary... We're *not* talking about a lean and mean low overhead
>>>API here, that's for sure!
>>>
>>I have the docs, you still need them?
>>

>Well, yes, if you have more than the overview. I'm interested in time
>info structs, events and that sort of stuff.
>
>(I don't have a Mac to run that SDK self extracting binary... *heh*)

Ran into the same problem myself.  (Actually, that's not entirely true:
I do have an ancient
PowerMac 6116 that hasn't been booted in well over a year, but it wasn't
really worth it just
to read the file....)  Isn't there a free utility out there somewhere
which can open .sit and .hqx
files?  Google didn't turn up anything for me...
-dgm