[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.8.5 released

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Dec 18 09:45:01 UTC 2002

The Rosegarden team have the pleasure of announcing the
latest release of their MIDI and audio sequencer and score
editor for Linux.

The source code is available now from the project homepage:

  http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden

The availability of binary packages depends on their various
maintainers; please check the project homepage for more
information.

New features since the 0.8 release include:

  o  Improved MIDI file I/O: better support for banks and
     merging in import, better support for delay, transpose
     etc in export
  o  MIDI device Bank and Program editor, including import
     and export of Studio data
  o  MIDI Panic Button for clearing down stuck notes
  o  Added some keyboard controls to matrix
  o  Added real-time segment delays
  o  Progress display completely overhauled
  o  ALSA clients can be added dynamically (you can change
     your soft synth configuration while Rosegarden is running)
  o  MIDI events filter dialog for MIDI THRU and MIDI record
  o  MIDI/ALSA recording bug fixed (stopping after so many
     recorded events)
  o  Many bug fixes, tweaks and performance improvements

Unfortunately we've had to drop KDE2 support from this release
onwards as it was getting too difficult to maintain both KDE2
and KDE3 in the same development tree.  We're hoping this won't
affect too many users in the long term.

Finally, we would like to thank the cachegrind/kcachegrind team
for a truly useful development tool.

Chris