[linux-audio-dev] XAP: a polemic

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 12:53:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 04:51:59 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> it is with african music for all i know, and with steve reich's
> music, it is simply many, but still integral, rhythmns at the same
> time.

Is that true of phase music? The tempo of each part changes cyclicly and
smoothly over time, you /could/ reipresent it as 543875436/10000000000 or
something but that's just silly.

In any case there are many "avant guarde" composers who have played with
these parameters. I'm not arrogant enough to include myself ;)

- Steve