[linux-audio-dev] XAP Time/Transport - varispeed/shuttle

Frank van de Pol fvdpol at home.nl
Wed Dec 18 15:48:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:18:24AM -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:

> Time in XAP:
> -----
>
> TRANSPORT: a plugin can have a TRANSPORT control
>   - units: absolute ticks (float)
>   - deliver a TRANSPORT control when transport starts (start tick), stops
>   (negative), jumps (new tick value) and periodically (recommend each beat
>   or each measure)

Do I understand correctly that the engine state (Stopped, Running, Pause
etc.) is send to the plugings ising the TRANSPORT control?

In fact a Pause state is not needed if a control is available to indicate
shuttle speed/direction (eg. a float; 0.0 if in pause; 1.0 if normally
running; >1.0 for fast forward; negative for reverse scrubbing etc. This
makes the plugins aware of varispeed and shuttling from the host.

just a thought.
Frank.

--