[linux-audio-dev] RME Hammerfall DSP Cardbus+Multiface

D. Sen dsen at homemail.com
Thu Dec 19 10:44:01 UTC 2002

Hmm I do use line_outs_monitor=1 as a module option on loading snd-hdsp.
gamix shows that all the channel volumes are loud enough....The various
'play' (aplay, etc) doesnt complain (keeps on playing stuff without
falling out) yet all I hear is silence.

gamix shows the 'passthrough" to be disabled. Is that some indication of
whats going on?

The other indication is that gamix crashes immediately upon my trying to
play something. (It has no problems when I invoke it. Only when I try a
second application to play a file).

Do I need to do something like 'amixer cset numid=5 26,26,32768'?

How do I play something out through the SPDIF/optical or ADAT ports?

DS

--
D. Sen, PhD