[linux-audio-dev] Audio s/w ui swallowing

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 19 15:18:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:43:14 -0600, STEFFL, ERIK (SBCSI) wrote:
>   then again, maybe some panel could be (ab)used for this, e.g.fvwm panel
> can swallow various X apps and you can specify fairly fancy layout of
> windows within panel (usually panel is very small, used to run clock or
> xload and other apps of that type but you can make it any size you want and
> run any apps). not sure how it would work, I never tried to use fvwm panel
> in this way...

Yes, thats the sort of thing I was thinking of when I first suggested it.
I haven't looked at fvwm panel to see how it works though, the more modern
window managers dont seem to have this, I think the gnome panel for eg.
works differently (it looks like it requires all the panel apps to be
GTK).

- Steve