[linux-audio-dev] Interesting USB MIDI master keyboards, do t he work with Linux ?

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 1 20:26:01 UTC 2002

> >   the specs say they have midi in/out (in addition to usb) so they should
> > work with linux, right?
> >
> >   quote:
> >
> > 	"MIDI Interface (in/out), USB Interface"
>
> I have an Oxygen8 and it works fine in Linux if you use the MIDI
> interface.  You have to buy your own though.  It'd be nice to beable to
> use the USB interface, but I haven't been able to get that working.  The
> usb hotplug scripts are kinda opaque.

AFAIK the Oxygen8 does not behave as a standard usb midi device, it uses a
"Midiman protocol" instead, so the standard drivers don't know what to do
with it. If you connect it and do an lsusb -v you don't see much...

-- Fernando