[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] 2.4.20-rc1 + lowlat + preempt + alsa + jack = dead computer

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Nov 3 14:42:00 UTC 2002

> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
> > If I start jackd and then use the freqtweak jack client I get a completely
> > dead machine in a very short time (from a few seconds to 10 or 20
> > seconds).
>
> > [...]
>
> I get exactly the same results as you. 2.4.19 works fine,
> 2.4.20-pre10-ac3, 2.5.41 - 2.5.45 lock up.

Have you tried anything in between pre10-ac3 and pre4? I know pre4 works
fine. I probably should post to the lkml with as much detail as we can
get (unless some kernel hacker is actually reading these messages).

-- Fernando