[linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Nov 4 18:02:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:27:39PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 08:42:26 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> > have you tried it with real-world data yet?
>
> Nope, dont have any yet. I'l try grabbing something of a distoriton pedal
> or something, can you try one of your amp?

I'd like to get you some samples from my old Gibson at
various settings (it's very versatile, almost sounds like
a different amp depending on how you set it).
What would I need to run through it?
Sawtooth wave, right, but the amplitude & frequency -
they're swept, right?
what are starting & ending values?  linear sweep?

Also, I don't have a way to tap the amp signal directly,
there was no "line out" on guitar amps in 1963. :)
I can only mic the speaker.  Does that work for what you're doing?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com