[linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Klaus Kosten Klaus.Kosten at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 04:50:01 UTC 2002

Paul Winkler wrote:

> input stuff -> (tube) --> (tube) --> power amp stuff
>                       ^
>                       = large electrolytic capacitor rated at e.g. 220V
>                    positive end of tap
>

> That should take care of teh high DC voltage, IIRC.
> Of course, I have no idea what kind of signal level
> you'd have at that point.

That´s exactly the way to go, though I wouldn´t use an electrolytic
capacitor. A suitable buffer is described in oscope-1.7.tar.gz by Tim
Witham (twitham at quiknet.com).

The signal level, at least after the first amp stages, shouldn´t exceed
some volts.

I´ve read this thread from the beginning, but as I know next to nothing
about DSP coding, I didn´t jump in. But now as it comes to hardware,
which is my domain, I want to offer my help. Please feel free to contact
me.

Greetings
Klaus
--