[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Sat Nov 9 09:24:00 UTC 2002

Thanks paul,

I have this problem once in a while as a die hard opensource fan I didn't
go out and buy software for years now and - a point that even in the linux
community many people don't seem to understand - not because I'm a cheap-
skate or ex-w4r3z kid that doesn't understand how commercial sw production
works (no that I would but I guess I get the overall picture) _but_ because
also on an application level I want to have access to the sources, to tailor
to my needs, to figure out inner workings without bothering tech support,
to fix things.

I had this discussion with a cycling74 employee recently explaining that I
might buy max/msp but _not_ without sources, I'd sign their soul-demanding
NDA, pay more - whatever to be able to change

#define MAXINLETS 64

in any objects src to what I believe is needed ...

I read:
[very insightful posting snipped]
> improve it. OS X does not let me do this because it isn't as
> tinker-friendly as linux.

make this a 'thinker-friendly' aswell (SCNR maybe it's because I'm .eu)

cheers,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)