[linux-audio-dev] Looking for some PR stuff related to Jack

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Sun Nov 10 15:02:00 UTC 2002

> however, i can guarantee you that it will be a long time or never that
> ardour runs as an in-process client.
>
> --p

Pardon my ignorance, as well as probably beating a dead horse, but I
would appreciate just a quick insight as to why is out-of-process client
better than in-process, or if not, why is ardour geared towards being
out-of-process app, when (at least judging from the info I've gotten so
far) in-process stuff provides so much better performance?

I am completely clueless on this seemingly low-level issue so any quick
insight would be greatly appreciated!

Ico