[linux-audio-dev] Intel C Compiler & RedHat 8.0 , Pentium 4 FPU performance

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 14:03:00 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 05:15:29 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> I will check the effect of sse on my plugins as they are generally less
> ram hungry, but I dont have a gcc3 machine around at the moment.

I just tried that, but on the athlon xp at least the result is slightly
slower on average, I haven't tried it on a PIII yet. The pentiums
presumably have a better SSE implementation.

For reference the flags are -msse -mfpmath=sse, it just replaces the 387
instructions with sse equivalents where it can.

- Steve